Relaxing & Deep Tissue Massage
Swedish Massage, the western spa standard for massage, is a great starting point for anyone new to massage. Steve offers a classic relaxing massage or deep tissue massage using a choice of organic base oils such as Organic Hemp, Sweet Almond, Soya & Wheatgerm, Canola (Rapeseed) and Grapeseed Oils, body cream or body talc. Base Oils are also available to buy. Steve is qualified at VTCT Level 3 Swedish Massage.
Massage helps to release muscular tension and stimulates blood flow and lymphatic system, increases muscle tone and T-cell counts which improve immune system defence, detoxifies acid waste in tissue, relaxes the nerves, assists in oxygenating tissues, improves skin tone, warms the body, and soothes the psyche.
The appropriate treatment time will depend on the range of techniques required, and the area of the body to be treated. The classic Western way to enjoy a back, neck and shoulder massage or a full body massage.
If you'd like to upgrade your experience, Steve recommends 1) oils, 2) heat, 3) exfoliating scrubs or 4) specialised techniques such as stretching, Eastern techniques and advanced massage: Steve's portfolio of massages includes:
- Aromatherapy Massage which uses aromatic essential organic oils such as Lavender, Eucalyptus, Ylang ylang, Bergamot and Lemongrass amongst many others. The oils are clinically proven as cleansers, energisers or relaxants, and work towards conditions such as brain fog, eczema, respiratory difficulties, skin problems, anxiety, muscular fatigue, insomnia and more.
- Hot Stone Massage Therapy, which adds deep penetration of heat and warms the muscles, to aid mental relaxation, and to enhance muscular softening and manipulation.
- Hot Poultice Massage, which applies exfoliation (scrubbing off of dead skin), pounding, heat and exotic herb fragances.
- Hot Bamboo Cane Massage, which applies skin conditioning oils and a very smooth heat across the skin.
- Eastern techniques such as a Reiki Healing Massage, Balinese Spa Massage, Ayurvedic Massage, Acupressure, Shiatsu, Lomi Lomi and Thai Yoga Massage, which apply meridian energy balancing work, scrubs, exotic oils and stretching to balance chakras and remove energy blockages across the body.
- Clinical Sports and Remedial Massage, and Cupping which offer specialised techniques in muscular recovery, diagnosed conditions and injury.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage, which concentrates on lymph flow, rather than muscular and skin rehabilitation. This drainage technique specifically reduces tissue fluid swelling and maximise sluggish immune systems in weaker clients.
- Specialised area massages such as Thai Foot Massage, Hip, Buttock and Thigh Mover Massage, Shiatsu Arm and Hand Massage, Indian Head Massage and Marma Point Facial Massage to focus on particular body areas in need.
- Additional treatments such as InfraRed Sauna Cocoon, Kati and Janu Basti, Shirodhara, Hopi Ear Candling, Exfoliating Body Scrubs, Reflexology, Reiki, a Detox Progromme, Weight Loss Programme, Quickslim Body Wrap, Intolerance Test, and Male Grooming add different dimensions and outcomes to extend your total treatment time eg increased detoxification, blood circulation, hormonal balance, better sleep, a calmer mind, reduced pain, enhanced skin conditioning, spiritual healing, inch loss, and body hair tidying, trimming and removal to smarten up a man's appearance.
- Personalised Holistic Health Programmes, such as Divine Detox, Immune System Boost, Pain Relief, Skin Conditioning, Weight Loss and Ayurvedic Rebalancing, offer carefully prepared unique treatment plans that are agreed with you following a longer consultation with Steve.